I'm leavin on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. This is really the first time I'll head off not knowing at all when I'll be back. Maybe not until May, or June, depending on when the semester ends.
This is also the last update of 2008. This was a really exciting year, actually. Let's recap:
1. Ice-cold Nastia Liukin (or however you spell it) was a general badass at the Olympics.
2. Shawn Johnson was adorable and also a badass at the Olympics.
3. Those Chinese gymnasts are still not sixteen.
4. Michael Phelps: well, okay. Yeah. 'Nuff said.
5. I went off to college.
7. I learned my boyfriend is a conspiracy theorist about 9/11 and the moon landing.
8. I still respect him.
9. I was the loneliest I've ever been.
10. I learned to appreciate my family.
11. I learned the subway system to a T.
12. Did I mention Obama was elected?
13. The economic crash- Wall Street freaked themselves out, then the government gave them a whole bunch of money to try and make them feel safer. Then they used it to buy themselves lobster dinners or whatever and people are still freaking out.
14. Gas went to four bucks a gallon, now it's at a dollar thirty, which is good for everyone except those with Exxon stocks.
15. Christmas just happened and it was awesome, because Christmas is awesome.
16. I was cast in a new musical workshop that's going to start rehearsing in about six days.
Goodbye, 2008. You almost gave us all a heart attack. At least we can say it wasn't boring!
**Edit: my list CONTINUES.
17. I recorded the theme song to two different cartoon shows. That was cute.
18. I went to an anime convention as a paid guest... and ate more Pocky than I knew what to do with.
19. Si, I did become a New Yawka. I'm such a Yank in the South.
20. I got an iPhone and have somehow managed to not drop, lose, or otherwise destroy it.
21. I got super lost in the Metropolitan Museum, and it rocked. I was totally star-struck by Van Gogh and O'Keefe and stuff.
Merry Christmas to all, and a happy new year.