Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Don't Like Carousel Part 2; AND, my next student blog

Sorry I haven't posted lately, I've been
SCHOOL BUSY
which means busy with not-fun stuff.

Actually, one of my endeavors has been really quite fun, and that thing is being the spotlight operator for my school's production of City of Angels (not to be confused with City of Angles, the Geometry Musical)

Which I will write a student blog on later.

However, today's post will be a short one, as I just wanted to write down some lyrics from a song I have to learn for class. It's from "What's the Use of Wond'rin" from Carousel.

And those of you who really know me also know my stance on the show Carousel.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the time period and how acceptable this was back then. But the last chorus of my song just sounds like... well, it sounds like a dog is singing it. It really sounds like the girl is Lassie singing about her boy.

"And somethin' gave him the things that are his,
one of those things is you!
So when he wants your kisses,
you will give them to the lad,
and anywhere he leads you, you will walk,
and anytime he needs you,
you'll go runnin' there like mad!
You're his girl, and he's your feller,
and all the rest is talk."

Little known fact: Carousel is actually about Lassie Come-Home, the collie.

Peace out.

Oh, and GO SEE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS. It's awesome.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi kiddo, I hope you are feeling better now!

And I agree, "goats" is a terrific movie!