Since my wonderful favoritest person Kelly wrote a beautiful entry to ring in the new year on her blog, I decided that I should get down to it and finally make some new year resolutions.
1. I will improve my conversation skills in Japanese. This means I'll have to learn Katakana (one of the three alphabets) as well as some Kanji (the dreaded Chinese characters)
And I wanna learn the basic, basic, basics of French and Spanish and Chinese and Korean. And maybe Italian too. Actually, I will just devote a whole lot of time to learning lots of languages.
2. I will read many more books
this is very similar to Bird's. We both are new proud parents of Kindles so that should help.
3. I will lose about five-ish pounds
and I really mean it this time. But it'll mostly be about changing diet since exercising makes me want to kill myself and I do feel guilty about how much sugar I consume.
4. I will not eat meat unless it is absolutely necessary
i.e. family gathering where my grandma will disown me if I don't eat her beef because "we're made of meat" and all the other stupid excuses they came up with in the 50's to justify all the disgusting things they ate.
5. I will figure out what it is I want to do with my life.
Ok, so lots of people don't know this until they reach mid-life... but seeing as I'm a theater major who doesn't even know if this makes me happy, I figure I've got to do something before I find myself wallowing in unhappiness.
6. I will write music
and poetry and plays and short stories and I won't hide them in shame, even if they really are terrible.