So, you may have noticed that I've changed the entire theme from "Strawberry Cup-Kate" and merged it with that other blog idea I had called "Sunflower Existence." This new title is referring to a Ginsberg poem that inspires me called the Sunflower Sutra.
Here is a short segment
- A perfect beauty of a sunflower! a perfect excellent
- lovely sunflower existence! a sweet natural eye
- to the new hip moon, woke up alive and excited
- grasping in the sunset shadow sunrise golden
- monthly breeze!
- How many flies buzzed round you innocent of your
- grime, while you cursed the heavens of the
- railroad and your flower soul?
- Poor dead flower? when did you forget you were a
- flower? when did you look at your skin and
- decide you were an impotent dirty old locomotive?
- the ghost of a locomotive? the specter and
- shade of a once powerful mad American locomotive?
- You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a
Bear with me for a while. I'm gonna change the layout a shit ton of times.
News update 2:
I booked a national tour!
I will be starting the entire process in November, with two weeks of rehearsals before we open in Pennsylvania. I'm super ultra absurdly excited, as well as completely baffled as to what to pack. I'm gonna be on the road for five months; how on earth do you pack for that? At least I have my kindle, Isolde. Otherwise, lugging sixty or so books around with me might be pretty cumbersome.
Tweet me. I'm out.