Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sunflower?!

News update 1:
So, you may have noticed that I've changed the entire theme from "Strawberry Cup-Kate" and merged it with that other blog idea I had called "Sunflower Existence." This new title is referring to a Ginsberg poem that inspires me called the Sunflower Sutra.

Here is a short segment
A perfect beauty of a sunflower! a perfect excellent
lovely sunflower existence! a sweet natural eye
to the new hip moon, woke up alive and excited
grasping in the sunset shadow sunrise golden
monthly breeze!
How many flies buzzed round you innocent of your
grime, while you cursed the heavens of the
railroad and your flower soul?
Poor dead flower? when did you forget you were a
flower? when did you look at your skin and
decide you were an impotent dirty old locomotive?
the ghost of a locomotive? the specter and
shade of a once powerful mad American locomotive?
You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a
sunflower!
The entire text of the poem can be found here, if you aren't totally bored with me now.

Bear with me for a while. I'm gonna change the layout a shit ton of times.


News update 2:
I booked a national tour!

I will be starting the entire process in November, with two weeks of rehearsals before we open in Pennsylvania. I'm super ultra absurdly excited, as well as completely baffled as to what to pack. I'm gonna be on the road for five months; how on earth do you pack for that? At least I have my kindle, Isolde. Otherwise, lugging sixty or so books around with me might be pretty cumbersome.

Tweet me. I'm out.

1 comment:

lorax said...

Loving the layout, but I like the new photo in the header most of all. When you change the layout, you should at least keep that. I like that it has sunny tones, but is rain. Really cool.

I'm gonna miss you so much while you're on tour!! So...18 weeks...does that mean you'll be back in the city for our birthdays? Also, I'm confused as to how school and housing are working for you. I'm sure we'll talk about that.

I am way excited to read your blogs from the road. It's going to be such a life-changing adventure for you. I cannot wait to read about it. You should vlog it too! I think you could get a real market for backstage tour vlogs.

Wow, ok, I'm rambling on and on. Can you tell that I miss you?