I'm currently on the sixth, even though I basically know what happens throughout the end.
So, here is a brief summary of the books as opposed to the movies:
THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS IN TEN SECONDS
1. SORCERERS STONE- Harry escapes a bad life and enters a cool one. Little kids swoon with envy. Insert storyline of "chosen boy" like in Star Wars and every other fantasy story existant.
2. CHAMBER OF SECRETS- They make friends and fight monsters! BEST FRIENDS FOREVER.
3. PRISONER OF AZKABAN- We meet the two most attractive characters in all of literary history, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, who have a questionably close relationship with one another. (Delightfully so, of course.)
4. GOBLET OF FIRE- Cedric Diggory dies, but reincarnates as a sparkly vampire in another movie series, so it's okay. Then Japanese women make body pillows shaped like him.
5. ORDER OF THE PHOENIX- Harry whines because no one understands him. (Well, he IS fifteen...)
6. HALF BLOOD PRINCE- Ron whines about Harry being popular and Hermoine whines that no one likes her, which is true.
7. DEATHLY HALLOWS- Harry wins. JK Rowling rakes in millions.