Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pumkin' cookin

Thanksgiving break is just around the corner, and I'm starting to develop new interests.

New interest number one: cooking!

I suddenly got the desire to cook by going through Allison's blog and finding Fat Free Vegan Kitchen. I was immediately intrigued by all of the beautiful photographs of delicious looking food, apparently healthy, with lots of seasonal recipes involving pumpkins. Now, I'm not a vegan myself, but pumpkin is probably my favorite food ingredient of all time. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream... needless to say, the blog is now one of my favorites, and even if I don't cook everything she makes, anyone would enjoy looking at the remarkable food she makes.

I'm not a vegan, but for a very long time I was a Pescatarian (vegetarian with the exception of seafood, because sushi is my favorite). Then when I came to college I ate some chicken the first week, and sort of thought my vegetarianism was through. Now I want to go back and try again, and hopefully cook more too.

Oh yeah, the cooking part. I was sick of the cafeteria yesterday so I bought some frozen stir-fry vegetables and cooked 'em (so cheap!) for a delicious and relatively healthy meal. Cooking is healthy, so I want to get into that. Yeah. Well, I mean I have to get good at it; in the past I could have burned a PB&J if I got the chance.

And then maybe one day, I will try my hand at a vegan (when I can afford all the groceries). I can't wait to cook delicious pumpkin things for myself.


Sidebar: Funny idea. What if I made a cooking show? It would be called Spazz in the Kitchen, or something like that, and instead of one of those food network shows where everything comes out looking perfect like a magazine picture, I'd make REAL looking food like how I'd make it: all ugly and wonky, and stuff would happen like it REALLY happens when I cook, like things catching fire and me burning myself or spilling things everywhere. (No? Not a good show idea? Meh... it'd be humorous, at least.)

1 comment:

lorax said...

You didn't tell me you stopped being vegetarian!