Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weddings

My roommate Nicole just got back from her cousin's wedding in Brooklyn and brought back this huge bouquet of assorted flowers she swiped from one of the tables. This thing is beautiful, and definitely makes the dorm a much happier looking place...



That being said, I would like to wax a little on the subject of weddings, namely my own- NOT that I am getting married anytime soon, goodness no, but because I am a female and that is what females do. We think about weddings. Anyway, I've always known I wanted a smaller scale sort of wedding (provided I ever actually do get married) without too many expenses or crazy things like that. But lately I thought to myself, I don't really want a typical American wedding, on account of the fact that I hate a lot of things American as it is. No, I want an Indian wedding. (Are white people allowed to have other cultures' weddings? Someone should check up on that before I label myself a toolbag unintentionally)

This means, essentially, I would want a dress like this



Because, really, how frickin sweet would this look? Or maybe a little more like the one in Bend it Like Beckham, with the midriff showing and all, but definitely the bold and lovely colors of this Saree...














And as for a wedding cake, I'll probably make it myself. Red velvet or something. Or maybe just platters of cupcakes ;-) just to live up to my namesake...

Have a wonderful day everyone! I'm out. Gonna go read Breakfast of Champions until I pass out (which is not as good as Cat's Cradle thus far) ...'night!

1 comment:

lorax said...

Breakfast of Champions is totally better than Cat's Cradle!