Friday, February 20, 2009

A response to Trish (and a selfish indulgence all the same)

1: How do you envision your life five years from now?

Five years from now, I will be one year graduated from college, won't I? Hmmm... By then I either hope to be on a year-long tour seeing the world/country, or in some sort of artistic endeavor that pays the bills, but in all actuality I see myself working a day job as some low-paid intern for a network somewhere while auditioning my brains out in all my spare time. That, and living in an apartment with responsible roommates and a pet rabbit, and taking lots of walks, and writing lots, and cooking even more.


2: Tell the interwebs about your Aha! moment. Every actor has one. What was yours?

"Aha" moment? Hm... this one's tricky. I've never considered this before. Maybe I haven't had mine yet. But if I did, I think it would be in acting class sophomore year of high school with Eric Porter. I only think this might be my "aha" moment because for some reason, I could never seem to shake this from my memory. Anyway, we were all watching this senior kid who had instructions to enter the scene as if he had discovered a hole in his slipper before the entrance. He couldn't seem to understand; he would enter walking and then look down and see the hole. He didn't get it. I was dumbfounded that no one else seemed to understand either. It struck me then that I seemed to be the only one there who could grasp that the characters had an important and vast history any time before and after they are onstage, and that things actually happen to them before they enter a scene.

I don't really think I've had a real moment yet. I've had plenty of "WTF THIS CAREER SUCKS IT'S SO UNFAIR" moments, though...


3: Would you rather be interviewed by James Lipton, Oprah, Katie Couric, Joan Rivers, David Letterman or Diane Sawyer? Why?

David Letterman, because I think his show is quite entertaining and it would be fun to be on one of those night shows with a big audience. :) ALSO, I would most like to be on Jay Leno and play with lots of exotic baby animals, but sadly that was not one of the choices...


4: You are, in my opinion, living a very exciting time in your life. Do you feel like you live in the moment? Do you feel like you're able to enjoy and appreciate your experience?

Right now I feel like I'm not living in the moment as much as I should be. But then again, I feel like "living in the moment" means getting shwasted partying with the theater majors, which, I mean, is fun and all, don't get me wrong, I love most of my fellow studenten, but... then again it could mean going to auditons 24/7, which was my initial goal in moving to New York, which I'm not, and I don't know how and that bugs me... I'm not sure how I'm supposed to live up to each and every moment, like I'm not snagging something I should be. I'm not sure what I'm doing and I don't quite know what to get out of it... This is probably not the answer you were looking for at all... but in a way I guess it's good that I'm considering this. How on earth do I get the most out of what I have?

5: Of all the artists (and by 'artists' I mean actors, singers, writers, painters, et al) who have ever lived, whose career do you hope yours most emulates?
JULIE TAYMORE. Culmination of all things creative: designer, director, moviemaker. I want her career.



And thus Frosty, there you have it. These were probably much more depressing and long-winded than you were looking for, but they were very good questions and did a good job of catching me off guard.

P.S. WHO GAVE ME A "WTF" RATING??

P.P.S. Oh yeah, the whole point. If you let me know you want to do this interview too, then I make five questions specifically for you and you fill them out yourself. It's like a smarty artistic interview.


AND IF I GET ONE MORE 'WTF' RATING I AM TOTALLY TAKING THOSE OFF. I'm very hurt :(

5 comments:

Hawk said...

Nicely done.

Tracy said...

I LOVE the new look. It's very you. And the B flat is a nice touch.

Please leave it like this for at least a while!

Mum

Tracy said...

I visited this twice and couldn't help but notice a bit of editing.

A Serious Girl said...

A: I LOVE the new look. VERY NICE.

B: Great answers, woman!

C: YOU DIDN"T POST THE RULES. So that other people can play, you know? It's ok, though. I'll forgive you.

xox

lorax said...

I love the new look!!